THE MECHANICAL PEOPLE OF MAKING PLACES
Hey guys! It’s August and since we are in the heap of the heat we are back on fire! We decided that this week we want to dedicate the newsletter to those “people” that are working today inside the factories and that are rapidly creating products for us. Either replacing us, helping us, collaborating with us trough creating objects and production goods or maybe just distributing the elements created all around the world!
So, who are we talking about? Well Robots! Oh yes, we dare to take this argument in place and consider them because, let’s face it, they are part of the factory world!
Like always, let’s learn and understand what is their world in the production of goods:
- HOW ROBOTS CHANGED MANUFACTURING: Read me!
2. COLLABORATIVE ROBOTS IN FACTORIES: Helping Hand
3. ARE THE COLLABORATIVE ROBOTS THE FUTURE? Let’s check it out!
4. COMPANIES THAT PRODUCE MANUFACTURING ROBOTS: Nerdy?
Ok, so do we consider them friends, enemies of frenemies? We do have cases that are not with an happy ending, taking the jobs that need fast and chained production, results of today’s fast economy, lawed by fast networking and buying. Here are some examples of companies that use these robots (the good, the bad and the why’s)
- THE DIGITAL FABRICATION CASE: this experiment investigated the application of scanning and robotic fabrication technologies for heritage conservation
2. THE ADIDAS CASE: a new automated manufacturing process of the brand
3. THE FOXCONN CASE: workers have been replaced with robots
4. THE AMAZON CASE (warning: this is not a case of production of goods but a distribution centre so don’t take to much out of it!): Got a prime account?
Ok so we do love them? Hate them? Nothing? Why not go to your comfort zone, chill and watch one of these fabulous movies with robots and their action in the world (double warning: this is just so you have a fabulous time and get in touch with these fellow helpers but again they are not always connected directly to the production of goods and the theme of the competition).
Heat in the air, sun in our face, now go and have a splash in our suggestions or, hopefully, in a deep blu sea!