THE WORKERS OF TODAYS MAKING PLACES
Hello yellow friends!
Have you guys signed up for our second competition and have you started developing your design? Are you entering a schedule with a work, work, work phase in it? Well, if you haven’t yet, you can learn some interesting things instead on how people are working in todays factories. And so…here we are, starting with our usual part of the week were information flow and creativity hopefully builds up. For starters, let’s read and learn about workers in these making places:
1. WHAT ARE THE WORKING CONDITIONS IN FACTORIES? Let’s check them out!
2. AND HOW THE ONES OF AN ALTERNATIVE FACTORY? WORKING AT GOOGLE: No need to google it!
3. WHAT ABOUT WOMEN WORKERS IN FACTORY? Girl power!
4. AND ARE THERE ANY DARK SIDES OF WORKING IN SOME FACTORIES? Scary thoughts?
Of course we don’t want to leave you with graphic aids so, open your eyes and mind for something tasty for your visual senses!
1. INSIDE THE LIVING CONDITIONS OF APPLE WORKERS IN CHINA: Siri are you there?
2. INSIDE THE WORK IN A SMARTPHONE FACTORY: Show me
3. A LOOK INTO WORKING IN THE “NEW” FACTORIES – STARTUPS: Hipstermania?
Last but no least, we do love a bit a movies so, here you go guys, we do want you to enjoy your competition and work (especially in a comfortable position):
WATCH WITH FUN: The Internship by director Shawn Levy
WATCH WITH CARE: Detropia. If you are in the mood for something a bit more informational than this film should be one of your top choices. Directed by Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady, this piece takes an in-depth look at the fall of the city of Detroit after the collapse of the US manufacturing base from the great recession. A Sundance Film Festival award winner, this film demonstrates the importance of the manufacturing industry in America.
So now, with this bit of info go and work and create and make, we can’t wait to see your wonderful designs!
If you didn’t register yet don’t hesitate to do so now with an early registration by cliking here.
Go and make with love and fun. We are always here for you!