BREATHE YOUR OWN AIR: Welcome to the Underwater
Name: Silvia Davoli
Institution / Company: TU Delft, Unife
-FINALIST of HEALING Competition
In 2020 the world was fighting a hard battle against human lack of responsibility.
Due to Covid-19 pandemic, people were dying.
Due to air pollution, nature was dying.
Due to global warming, the sea level was rising.
An important committee of scientists, politicians, philosophers and economists decided to move mankind under the sea.
Architects and Designers from all over the world worked together to create the new world:
- The world was divided in clusters of 4-5 people living in the same unit.
- Every cluster had to become responsible of its own harvest
- Every cluster had to be responsible of its own living space air depuration
- Underwater masks were designed to allow to see each other face/smile finally again with no risks
- Aggregation was no more forbitten, but it could only have place outdoor.
Luckily, the streets in the new underwater world became Volumes, instead of surfaces: buoyancy multiplied urban in-between space.
#Protected Social Interactions #Nature & Environment #New Lifestyles